Full-time position (40 hours weekly): Day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts available.
Polara Health is offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for this position
We Value Our Employees By Offering:
Admissions Specialist must have the ability to handle stressful situations and encounters, be empathetic, and provide exceptional customer service. The ability to work in a team environment or independently. Must be able to collect necessary information; including personal, physician and insurance information. Staff are the first person clients interact with both in person and on the phone. They need to be able to direct client's inquiries and concerns to the appropriate staff. Partner up with the clinical staff to provide seamless patient care and satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
· Be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office software and the ability to learn other programs is a must.
· Positive attitude and team-player mentality
· The ability to handle sensitive situations and stress effectively while projecting a professional attitudeOn-the-job Training:
· A firm, confident responsiveness that maintains the organization's integrity
· Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
· Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
· Must maintain an excellent attendance record and be flexible with their work schedule with the possibility of being on call
Job requires special working conditions covering a range of stressful and emergency circumstances. As we are a Behavioral Health Facility there will be times that we might have to deal with challenging clients. The agency will provide CPI training; which provides nonviolent crisis intervention training that will give skills, confidence and an effective framework to safely manage and prevent difficult situations.
· Office environment with long periods of sitting, computer usage with frequent standing and writing
· Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
· Moderate reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing stairs.
· Might be requested to assist with handling a client in crisis
Ronda Guedel; Manager, Admissions Specialist
Michelle Robert; Director, Revenue Cycle Management
Kara Langley; Chief Operation officer, Corporate Compliance Officer
position is considered Safety-Sensitive by Polara health.
EOE/Non-smoking facility. Pre-employment drug screening/background check required. ** All candidates must be able to obtain a DPS Fingerprint Clearance card.
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. PH further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.