Full-time position (40 hours weekly)
We Value Our Employees By Offering:
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Health Care Benefits (FT)
- 3 weeks of paid/sick time off plus 10 Holidays per year (FT)
Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000 individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to address the unique needs of each client, address the social determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved ones and other integrated service providers.
Provides case management services to new clients on
treatment waiting lists, current clients in need of case management, and rural
clients in need of case management. Case
manager provides assistance and structure, which allows clients to access
services and stay in treatment. Case
manager may also provide group and individual services as appropriate to their
expertise and experience
Functions & Competencies
- Assists clientele in obtaining needed Polara Health services,
entitlements or other services.
- Provides crisis intervention and support services to
clients on the caseload.
- Provides group and individual services as needed.
- Participates as a team member and attends weekly
staffings and supervision.
- Provides documentation and requests for authorization as
required by funding sources.
- Coordinates and assists treatment team in monitoring
enrollment and utilization, client care, and client participation in other Polara Health
- Maintains clinical record per agency policy and procedure.
- Attends all team meetings, case reviews, staff meetings,
supervisory sessions, and in-service trainings as scheduled.
- Management of all aspects of treatment, including referrals
to additional resources when appropriate.
- Assisting in department strategic planning and
implementation through participation in department staffings, staff meetings,
training, and other meetings as assigned.
- Participation in agency affairs, including marketing,
promotion of chemical dependency services, development of programs, and other
related duties as assigned.
- Participation in training, workshops, seminars, both
internal and external, as required by agency policy and procedure and certification requirements.
- Participation in the Residential Unit on call system.
- Conducting necessary case management to ensure proper
referral and follow-up on associated services.
- Documentation and reporting to referral sources, both
external and internal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Autism Case
Manager The ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Case Manager coordinates services
for families with children on the autism spectrum or with other pervasive
- Experience in
and or an understanding and knowledge of the evidence-based treatment models
and mental health services.
Functions:· Engage with children and families, assisting them to improve their
- Interact with
clients in non-traditional settings and during non-traditional hours.
- Represent clients
served and through interacting with referral sources.
- Serve as the
case manager for families assigned helping them navigate their service network
in a productive manner.
clients served through interacting with referral sources and other professionals,
supporting the child and family.
- Provide crisis
intervention, safety planning and support.
(Education, Credentials, Experience)
Minimum Bachelor's degree OR
Minimum combination of education and experience to equal 4 years in behavioral
health will be considered.
1 year clinical experience OR Minimum
combination of education and experience to equal 4 years in behavioral health
will be considered.
assessment, treatment, and treatment planning.
of state, federal, Joint Commission rules and regulations.
knowledge of DSM IV and diagnoses.
EOE/Non-smoking facility. Pre-employment drug screening/background check
required. ** All candidates must be able to obtain a DPS Fingerprint Clearance
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate
against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status or national origin. This policy
shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and
employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training
including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. PH further agrees to
take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.