Full-time position (40 hours weekly) Camp Verde and Prescott
We Value Our Employees By Offering:
Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000 individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to address the unique needs of each client, address the social determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved ones and other integrated service providers.
A Customer Engagement Specialist must have the ability to handle stressful situations and encounters, be empathetic, provide exceptional customer service, and ability to either work in a team environment or independently. This is the first person clients interact with, both in person and on the phone, as it greets clients, schedules visits, and directs clients inquiries and concerns to the appropriate people. Partner up with the clinical staff to provide seamless patient care and satisfaction. Must be able to handle high volume of incomings calls while using proper telephone etiquette.
Duties and responsibilities
· Positive attitude and team-player mentality
· A firm, confident responsiveness that maintains the organization's integrity
· The ability to handle sensitive situations and stress effectively, not taking matters personally, and projecting a professional attitude
· Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
· Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required
· Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel) and the ability to learn other programs
· Must maintain an excellent attendance record
Other Qualifications include:
· Must be 18 years of age
· High School Diploma or G.E.D required
· Must possess a valid Driver's license
· 1 year of experience in Customer service related field
· 1-2 years of experience in a medical or behavioral health background preferred
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
· Must be able to provide or obtain DPS fingerprint clearance
As we are a Behavioral health facility there will be times that we might have to deal with challenging clients and the agency will provide CPI training; which provides nonviolent crisis intervention training that will give skills, confidence, and an effective framework to safely manage and prevent difficult situations.
At times we might need to assist outdoors with weather conditions such as but limited to; pouring rock salt spread on the entry or sidewalks and posting the Caution signs in the entrances to our buildings.
· Office environment with frequent sitting, standing, writing, and computer usage
· Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs)
· Moderate reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing stairs
Karelia Garcia; Manager, Customer Engagement
Michelle Robert; Director, Revenue Cycle Management
Kara Langley; Chief Operations Officer, Corporate Compliance Officer
position is considered Safety-Sensitive by Polara health.
Pre-employment drug screening/background check required. ** All candidates must
be able to obtain a DPS Fingerprint Clearance card.
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. PH further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.