Full-time position (40 hours weekly)
We Value Our Employees By Offering:
Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000 individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to address the unique needs of each client, address the social determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved ones and other integrated service providers.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for supporting the strategic plan, managing clinical decision making, and ensuring the quality of medical outcomes.
The Nurse Practitioner will manage a caseload, inpatient and outpatient that may include severely mentally ill adults, general mental health patients, and substance abuse patients. The Nurse Practitioner will work in the Psychiatric Hospital and Primary Care Clinic. They will work with Medical Directors in matters of a clinical nature, perform medical evaluations, H&P's, and medical management follow-ups in the clinic.
TEAMWORK: Acts as a cohesive member of a work team and demonstrates appropriate interactions with all hospital service providers.
COMMUNICATION: Fosters an environment that nurtures collaboration, teamwork, and mutual respect through effective communication. Demonstrates positive communication skills evidenced by effective working relationships.
RESPECT FOR OTHERS: Takes actions that indicate a consideration for others and being aware of the impact of one's behavior on others, demonstrates respect for diverse backgrounds of all patients, families, and coworkers, and seeks accommodations.
TIME AND PRIORITY MANAGEMENT: Optimizes use of time by efficiently using resources to identify barriers and balance priorities. Efficiently utilizes tools, resources, techniques and/or systems to organize tasks. Balances multiple priorities simultaneously, ensuring the timely and accurate completion of each task while maintaining quality standards.
• Master's Degree.
Minimum Work Experience
• Experience in Psychiatry/Behavioral Health is desired.
• A minimum of 1 year medical staff experience in a healthcare setting.
• Extensive training/experience/knowledge of utilization tools and systems for appropriateness and level of care criteria.
• Experience in risk-sharing contracts and ability to relate this to the physician membership.
• Medical Degree in Nursing in AZ
• ANP Certification
• DEA License
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data, make appropriate decisions, and take appropriate actions.
• Communication skills, including individual and group presentations to physicians.
• Demonstrated leadership administrative skills and the ability to build a team.
• Self-starter who is motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic.
• Strong work ethic; an individual who is result-oriented, intelligent and persuasive/convincing.
• Decisive, yet cooperative, with a strong service mentality.
• Ability to understand and be sensitive to practicing physicians while, at the same time, motivating them to think differently under managed care.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and focus on the quality of care, be productive, and possess business knowledge and leadership skills.
EOE/Non-smoking facility. Pre-employment drug screening/background check required. ** All candidates must be able to obtain a DPS Fingerprint Clearance card. You may email additional questions about employment to email@example.com
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. PH further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.