Full-time position (40 hours weekly)
We Value Our Employees By Offering:
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Health Care Benefits (FT)
- 3 weeks of paid/sick time off plus 10 Holidays per year (FT)
Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000 individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to address the unique needs of each client, address the social determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved ones and other integrated service providers.
Pool/Variable & Full Time Paramedic positions working out of our 24 hour Crisis Stabilization Unit. All shifts (day/evening/overnight) weekdays and weekends.
of Duties and Responsibilities
- Thorough collection of patient assessment values and history, to include medication reconciliation (Meds prescribed vs compliance, consumed but not prescribed, etc.).
- Creation of differential diagnosis used to develop and implement competent, complete treatment plans necessary for emergent, as well as non-emergent, patients.
- Perform all medical procedures within defined scope of practice to create optimal medical, mental and emotional patient outcomes, up to and including, transfer of care to Polara Health facility, ambulance transport, or emergency department placement.
- Complete, clear, and timely patient charting with secure disbursement of applicable documents necessary for continuation of non-paramedic care.
- Assist physicians, therapists, nurses and other providers in the planning of possible treatment options, communicate with law enforcement, ambulance crews, hospital staff, and other facilities as to the appropriateness of patient transport decisions before, during, and after arrival at our facilities.
- Participate in less common medical tasks as necessary, (For example, Covid 19 rapid testing, drug and alcohol testing), perform blood draws, start IVs, delivery of prophylactic as well emergent fluids and medications.
- Participate in the maintenance, stocking, organization, and common cleaning tasks of paramedic area.
- Assist when necessary, in de-escalation, management, and restraint of physically difficult patients within the paramedic scope of practice and company policies.
- Be constantly vigilant of, and participate in, helping to create and maintain an environment of hope, kindness, dignity and respect for all patients and employees.
- Minimum education; HS or Equivalent
- Must be certified as a paramedic in Arizona.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a Paramedic, to include experience in psychiatric care, emergency room paramedic technician, possibly other areas not defined here.
- Must have current ACLS certification.
- Attend continuing education and training classes to stay current with emergency medical advancements and best practices as well as those mandated by company policy.
facility. Pre-employment drug screening/background check required. ** All
candidates must be able to obtain a DPS Fingerprint Clearance card.
It is the
policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any employee or any
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex,
physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or
national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the
following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer,
compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and
termination. PH further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal